Updated: Oct 12, 2022
It feels like we just sent our girls back to school, and yet here we are with Fall Break just around the corner! It might seem like you still have time to book, but our calendar is rapidly filling even mid week for families looking to head out of town. Here's a list of 5 Fall Break activity ideas for you and your crew:
1. Antique Shop Scavenger Hunt: This is a really fun activity to do as a family. Here's how it works - pick a few local antique shops (there are lots to choose from!). Everyone in your group gets $5 (or whatever other small amount you decide on). The goal is to leave the store with the most unique item you can while staying within budget. To determine the winner, a parent can be the judge, or you can have everyone vote! Everyone will have a blast! Here's a link to some antique shop recommendations.
2. Nature Hikes (multiple options): There is no shortage of hikes in the area, with something for all levels. Use this link to see all of the past hikes we've written about! Our favorites are Pine-Strawberry Trail, Water Wheel, and the Colonel Devin Trail. But I promise, no matter what you choose, you won't be disappointed!
3. Tonto Natural Bridge: This spot deserves its own mention, because you can really make a full day out of it. There are multiple viewpoints, trails, and the gift shop is always a really fun stop too! Pack a picnic lunch. For more info, click here!
4. Rent E-bikes: The Rusty Pine Cone in Pine rents e-bikes! It's such a fun and unique way to cruise around town and see the sights. This is an activity geared towards family with older kids who are confident bike riders.
5. Foodie tour: You all know we love the plethora of great restaurants in town! Make it a goal to check out as many as you can. Here's my suggestion: coffee at Windmill Coffee, breakfast at Randall House, lunch at Pinewood Tavern, drinks at THAT Brewery, dinner at Old County Inn, and dessert at PieBar. You'll go home full and happy for sure.
We can't wait to see you all for Fall Break! Don't delay in booking - rooms are getting scooped up FAST! See you berry soon.
BONUS Fall Treats: Elky's at The Rusty Pinecone in Pine has Pumpkin Pie Soft Serve! Windmill Coffee will also be serving up some fall-inspired drinks!