Valentine Getaways for Every Couple
No matter what stage of relationship you’re in, every couple can benefit from getting away together! With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we’re sharing our guide to Strawberry for all sorts of different couples. Read ahead for all of our fun ideas!
Parents of littles traveling kid-free
When you’re in the thick of raising kids, getting away without them even for a night is so rejuvenating! Here’s what I suggest:
· Book your favorite accommodation (may I suggest a premium King cottage with a hot tub?).
· Enjoy eating in a restaurant without having to entertain kids! Listen to music at Old County Inn, drink beer flights at THAT Brewery, and shut down the local bars just like in the days before kids (lol!).
· Hot tub star gazing. Enjoy a glass of wine together in the hot tub and search the sky for constellations.
· Souvenir shopping for the kids at Rusty Pinecone. I don’t know about your kids, but my kids LOVE when we come home with little gifts for them.
· SLEEP IN! Is there anything better?
· Yard games – because a little friendly competition in a relationship is healthy!
· Grab coffees at Windmill Coffee
Just Dating or Newly Engaged:
It’s such a special time in a relationship when you’re in the early days of learning all about each other. Maybe your getaway to Strawberry will be your first time traveling together (what a great way to learn more about your person!) – here are some fun activity suggestions!
· Book your accommodation (maybe an Airstream or Tiny Cottage?)
· Visit The Chalet (our local bar). Play darts and pool together. Maybe put a friendly wager on your games! Check out the drink elevator and bottled beers.
· Go on some hard hikes. We have so many great hikes in the area, and it will be a great chance to connect with your special someone, and maybe impress them a bit too, haha!
· Enjoy breakfast at one of the many great local spots (our family’s fave is The Early Bird).
Empty Nesters/Together for Years:
When you’ve spent decades together, getting away together can be even more important! Here’s what we suggest for your getaway:
· Book your accommodation (perhaps a room at the main Inn, or the Creek Cabin)
· Sunrise bird watching
· Fishing the local creek (don’t forget to snag a permit from AZ Game and Fish)
· Antique shopping in Pine
· Visit the historic Pine Museum and Strawberry Schoolhouse
· Little Free Library at the Inn for an afternoon of reading on the porch swing
If you’re unattached this year, OR just want some quality girl time, maybe a Galentine’s Getaway is calling your name. Here’s what I suggest:
· Book your accommodation (I suggest The Guest House or The Bunk House – both perfect for big groups!)
· Check out Fancy Finds for great home décor, and So-N-So boutique for cute clothes.
· Visit The Honey Stand for sweet treats to enjoy in town and to take home.
· Happy hour at THAT Brewery for cocktails and beer flights.
· Live music and square dancing at Pinewood Tavern
· Don’t forget to sample all of the yummy pies at Pie Bar!
Book your Valentine Week stay by clicking here.
Click here to check out previous Valentine posts for even more romantic ideas!